Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Weekend Walk - Labor Day 2013



I hope you enjoy my walks as much as I do...because they always have been and always will be...my life saving, mental vacations much needed.

So...we start....

With this place that I visit semi often from spring through til fall...a bit of northern Wisconsin known as the Crivitz area.  As most other places, it changes from season to season and I'll share it's different 'seasonal attire' with you as often as I can.

Labor Day weekend is generally one of the last times throughout the year I get here because then...hunting season takes over and I prefer not to walk the woods when there are...unknown armed bandits out there somewhere.  I do good enough just walking the woods in my own neighbor wearing my orange attire...blaze orange...one of my least favorite colors!!

We actually had  bit cooler weather...and some rain after some warm and humid days and I was greeted, and surprised with some dandy fungi activity.

Luckily I had my macro lense with me.  I would have been totally disappointed with myself if I didn't. For those of you that follow me often enough, you probably know by now my love for mushrooms and gnomes and all that magical fairytale stuff.

The morning was greeted with a bit of sunshine out the back window at which I stare out of quite often watching the antics of the blue jays and chipmunks and many other birds as they migrate through the area.  After morning coffee and a bit of reading and relaxing on the front porch, I meander through the garden area, small as it is, I always discover something awesome.

A walk through the woods this day down a new trail, through the trees and across some summer wildflower and grassy terrain, my Lexi enjoyed romping with ears flopping in excitement to be able to run free and discover.  Romping through the field resulted in a mid morning swim and bobbing for some river seaweed of some sort or another.

Many of my 'weekend meanders' include a drive along with the walk so we were able to enjoy a bit of Peshtigo Wi also where we discovered these hip little steers.  Not sure what they are but they reminded me and made me so homesick for Texas.  They became as curious about me as I was about them.

We found a dam area with an awesome bridge and an old railroad track.  A couple more favorite things of mine.

It was a well needed walk.

An area I might want to discover on my own again sometime.


No comments:

Post a Comment